Travel Nursing in California: Anaheim
Home to the happiest place on earth, Anaheim has even more magic to offer than Disneyland. Centrally located between Los Angeles and San Diego and just minutes from countless beaches, Anaheim is the perfect place to experience the best of Southern California. If you love baseball or hockey, you’ll have a team to cheer for in Anaheim. Plus, the city hosts numerous events and conventions throughout the year. Anaheim Garden Walk is known for its outdoor dining, shopping and entertainment and is just a hop, skip and a jump away from the Disneyland and Disney’s California Adventure theme parks and resorts.
Weather in Anaheim:
One of the biggest attractions for travel nurses heading to Anaheim is the warm weather all year round. Even in winter, the temperature rarely dips too low. In fact, owning a heavy coat isn’t necessary as a travel nurse in Anaheim; you’ll feel warm practically all the year through.
Economy in Anaheim:
Transportation in Anaheim:
Bus Transit: Metro and OCTA
Rail Transit: Amtrak and Metrolink
Air Transit: John Wayne Airport
Crime Rate in Anaheim:
Low, considered one of the safest cities of its size in the nation
What Travel Nurses Love About Anaheim:
- Location, Location, Location: Anaheim is the perfect place to be a travel nurse because its location is ideal. For a travel nurse who wants to be near the bigger metropolitan areas like Los Angeles and San Diego, without feeling overwhelmed, Anaheim is a great area to have a travel assignment. It’s less expensive than some of the coastal communities, plus it is family friendly, overflowing with sights and activities and just minutes away from the beach.
- Be Amused: Disneyland, Disney’s California Adventure park and Knott’s Berry Farm will awaken memories of childhood and help you embrace the more fun side of life. Where else can you feel the wind at your face on roller coasters, watch a parade with all of your favorite Pixar characters and shake hands with Mickey Mouse? These great entertainment venues are the perfect place to create memories with family and friends who come visit you during your travel nursing adventure.
- Shop Till You Drop: The Garden Walk, a beautiful outdoor shopping center just put Anaheim on the map as a top spot to eat, shop and be entertained. With popular restaurants like Roy’s and P.F. Chang’s, a multi-plex movie theater and popular shops, this has become a must see for travel nurses who have the night off or need a little shopping therapy after a long shift.
- Take Me Out to the Ball Game: Any sports fan can appreciate a great team and the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim are no exception. Make sure to catch at least one ball game during the season; for many sport crazed travel nurses, it is a highlight of their experience.
- Go Downtown Disney: With entertainment that boasts the ESPN Zone Sports Arena, House of Blues and Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, Downtown Disney is a place to enjoy a night off without having to go too far from home.