Top 10 Activities for California Travel Nurses
The demand for nurses in California continues to skyrocket. With high paying nurse jobs, travel nursing in California is one of the most desired professions throughout the country. Travel nurses come to California to enjoy beautiful weather all year around and participate in activities that can’t be experienced elsewhere. Check out these top 10 activities for California travel nurses. They will knock their socks off!
1. Bike Ride across the Golden Gate Bridge: Just when you thought you have seen it all, look again. Travel nurses can take a bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge for a breathtaking glimpse of the city. Bring your camera and catch a sunset over the glistening San Francisco Bay.
2. Camping in Yosemite: Nothing beats the great outdoors! Yosemite is perfect for the adventurous travel nurse. From hiking to backpacking, rock climbing to water sports, the outdoor activities are endless for travel nurses. Be prepared to discover some of the most beautiful landscapes and interesting wildlife in the country.
3. Picnicking at a Hollywood Bowl Concert: Pull up a blanket, pour yourself a glass of wine and enjoy a concert at the most renowned outdoor amphitheatre in Los Angeles. Whatever music you love to listen to, you will find it at the Hollywood Bowl. Visitors journey from all over the world to experience an evening of music by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra at this incredible amphitheatre.
4. A Day at Disneyland: Round up the family and journey to “The Happiest Place on Earth.” This Magical Kingdom provides an array of live entertainment for travel nurses and their entire families to enjoy. Stop by Cinderella’s Enchanted Castle, catch a musical parade or see the stars on Space Mountain. Disneyland is the only place on earth where all of your dreams come true.
5. Take the Palm Springs Tram Ride: Travel nurses can journey two and half miles into the wilderness to the top of Mt. San Jacinto’s Chino Canyon on the world’s largest rotating cable car. But the fun doesn’t stop once you get to the top. Have a bite to eat at the Peaks Restaurant and enjoy the spectacular view of Palm Springs.
6. Wine Tasting in Temecula: Located along the foothills of the San Bernardino Mountains lies some of the most beautiful wine country in the state. Temecula’s renowned wineries and vineyards offer quality wine and food tastings to travel nurses. Treat your taste buds to a variety of award-winning wines as you tour the wineries of Temecula.
7. Golfing in Pebble Beach: Look no further than Pebble Beach for the most prominent golf courses in the country. This small coastal community offers seven public and private 18-hole courses for the golf enthusiast travel nurse. Feel the cool breeze of the ocean as you golf along the beautiful coastline of Pebble Beach.
8. Sailing in San Diego: Sail beside the beautiful beaches of San Diego or through Mission Bay during your travel nurse assignment. Make a day of it—pack a lunch, sunbathe and put your nautical skills to the test. Dinner cruises are also a perfect way to end an evening in San Diego.
9. Fishing in Big Bear: Grab your hat and fishing pole for an afternoon of fishing at Big Bear Lake. With an abundance of catfish, bass and trout, travel nurses won’t go home empty handed. Fish on the rocks surrounded the lake or take a boat out to admire the scenery.
10. Hot Air Balloon Ride in Napa Valley: Catch the sunrise as you soar over Napa Valley in a hot air balloon. This breathtaking experience is an opportunity of a lifetime for travel nurses. Discover tranquility as you descend over beautiful meadows of wild flowers. It’s perfect for the entire family.
Become a California travel nurse today!